1. Approved the MOU of cooperation between the Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA) and the General Secretariat of the Organization of American States
2. Allow the director of TICA to sign the MOU
3. In case of minor changes in the MOU, the department can execute without reporting to the cabinet.
Detail of the topic
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reported that
1. Thailand joined the Organization of American States: OAS as permanent observer in September 16, 1998 to gain cooperation with the member countries on security and society, gain close update on the development of the America continent, use the OAS as a mechanism to drive economic cooperation with member countries and exchange information. The Thai government has supported the organization by funding international training in Thailand in the areas listed by the OAS and are Thailand’s specializes.
2. The MOU of cooperation between TICA and the Organization of American States has the detail as follows:
2.1 The cooperating activities between TICA and the Organization of American States in the form of training both in Thailand and OAS member countries.
2.2 Cooperation framework between TICA and the Organization of American States includes Professional Development, Tourism Management, Economic and Social Development, Employment and Poverty Reduction and other areas as agreed.
2.3 Support bilateral meeting to exchange cooperation between the two organizations.
2.4 Cooperating activities will be funded under the South-South Cooperation platform meaning funded by both parties.
3. The MOU will strengthen the relationship between Thailand and OAS member countries as well as support Thailand’s role in the international stage.